Not defaulting to "Match all search....."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not defaulting to "Match all search....."

On the Search Page tab > Miscellaneous I've selected "Default to match all ....", yet the search defaults to "Any...". Using CGIFrontend. ????

Did you re-index and use the new set of index files? Most configuration changes need reindexing for them to take effect.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Not defaulting to matcho all ....

I've reindexed several times and checked the settings. They are correct, yet it still defaults to "Any"... Any (hmmmmmmmm) suggestions ?

Comment

Sorry, I missed the part about you using the CGIFrontEnd.

The CGIFrontEnd (for those who are unaware - it is an optional component of Zoom provided here) mainly serves as an example for developers to modify or use for reference.

Although it is functional, it doesn't provide much in the means of configuration. However, the idea is that since we provide the source code, you could modify this as you see fit. You will notice that the search form is part of the front end, and it is not using the form generated by the CGI. So, if you wish to change the default match setting in the CGIFrontEnd, you will need to change the source code and recompile it. You would need to be fluent with C++ to do this.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X