No announcement yet.

Primarily MHT intranet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Properties"->"Summary" tab in Windows does not specify the title for the MHT file. This is merely summary information that Windows keep in its file system. It is fairly useless, and Microsoft removed it in Vista from what I can tell.

Your file above does not have a title if that bit of code was the only thing resembling it (that was not the title tag).

You can specify the title for MHT files in Excel 2007 in XP. I have just confirmed this on an XP machine. Click on 'File'->'Save As'. Select "MHT" for "Save as type:". The page title line will appear below it and a "Change Title" button will be available. Click on the "Change Title" button and specify your title there. Click "OK" and then "Save".

Last edited by Ray; Apr-02-2008, 06:34 AM.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Awesome, completely missed that. Thanks Ray, they've all been updated (in dreamweaver, but at least now I know).

Another MHT funky issue is it would be good to have [= ] (minus the brackets) as a word joiner in indexing options - Indexing word rules. e.g.: Po= sition Title: CEO Budget: N /A Prepared: April 2008 Re= ports to: ...

Anything I can do about html showing up in the description?

Comment

Version 6 of Zoom will feature a MHT plugin which allows you to index MHT files properly. The current version (V5) does not recognize MHT files officially, it just treats it as an unrecognized plain text extension, so its searching is less than perfect.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Fair enough. Thanks for all your help (all of you)! I'm content with the setup at this point and am looking forward to the next release!

Comment

Working...
          X