Indexing file names only for large .iso files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing file names only for large .iso files

Just wondering if it's possible to index just the file names of very large files?

I have a repository of ISO images I wanted to index. Problem is some are very large like 4GB or more. If I put 4GB in the "Max. file size indexed" field it basically tells me I need more memory than God and doesn't work.

Since this is just file names is there no way to override this file size limit?

Thanks

The current version of Zoom will only support indexing file extensions that it recognizes (as detailed in the Help file and on our website). Unfortunately, ".iso" is not one of them, so Zoom will just treat it as a text file and attempt to index its binary content (which is not what you would want, and you should not do this).

In V6, we plan to change this, so that you can specify how you would want a file extension to be handled. As such, you would be able to add ".iso" to the list, and even if Zoom does not recognize it, you can ask that it be treated as a "Binary (index filename only)" file type.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Okay great.

Patiently awaiting v6

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X