Index results with repeated mo=x?&yr=x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index results with repeated mo=x?&yr=x

I have just started using the pro version and need some help here. Each time I run an index it returns multiple entries for my index.php home page with
    mo=(some month)?yr=(some year)?. This creates a lot of results in the corresponding results pages. The home page has two queries and at first I thought they may be the problem, but after removing for a test, the results are still the file name with the mo=... What makes it more odd is that there seems to be a difference in the mo and yr values between the downloading entry and the indexing entry mo and yr values. Any suggestions?

I am guessing it is finding all the pages in your calendar that you have on the site.

You should use a robots.txt file or the Zoom skip list to block indexing of the calendar pages, if you don’t want them indexed.

See also this FAQ,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/msgboards.html

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
      The home page has two queries and at first I thought they may be the problem, but after removing for a test, the results are still the file name with the mo=...
      Not sure what you mean by "the home page has two queries", but make sure you have checked the "Reload all pages (do not use cache)" option on the General tab of the Configuration window to avoid indexing a cached copy of your web page after making minor changes to it.

If you can give us a URL to your site, we might have a better idea of what you mean. But generally, as mentioned above, you most likely have some calendar module on your page that needs to be excluded.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

It was the calendar causing the problem. Thanks!
        Vince

Comment

We also have a calendar and it indexes it fine --- apart from the fact that it continues on going back in time for pages that do not exist (so basically it would go on forever if I didn't stop it). Is there any way to specify to stop indexing pages somehow?

Comment

If Zoom find the pages in your calendar, then they do in fact exist. They would be generated dynamically by the calendar script on your site.

You should use a robots.txt file or the Zoom skip list to block indexing of the calendar pages, if you don’t want them indexed.

See also this FAQ,

http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/msgboards.html

Comment

Working...
            X