Cookie Authent protected site wont spider fully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookie Authent protected site wont spider fully

Can anyone suggest why the zoom spider wont index my protected site correctly (php pages) based on the following:

What it does do:
    indexes non protected pages correctly
    indexes visited protected pages only correctly - once logged in (with the cookies from ie7 browser setting ticked) but wont crawl to other protected pages from there

I am not visiting the site from two addresses eg:
    http://www.mysite.com and
    http://mysite.com

If i visit all 150 pages manually in the browser i know it will then index the site, (but obviously thats not right).

My commercial protection software's coder tells me the cookie based solution should work.

Any help please.

Without knowing anything about your site it is bit hard to comment. Can you post a link to you site.

It might also help if you E-mail us a password and your current Zoom configuration file so that we can log into your site and see the content and know what settings you are using.

See also this FAQ.
    Q. How do I index protected parts of my website requiring user authentication?

Comment

Take notice of this particular section of the FAQ linked above:

Important: If you are using one of the above methods to allow the spider to login to your cookie or session-based authenticated site, you need to make sure that the spider does not follow a link to the "logout" page, subsequently logging itself out of your website. You can prevent this by simply specifying the logout page in the "Skip pages and folder list" (in the Configuration window, under the "Skip options" tab), eg. "logout.asp" or "&logout=1", etc.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X