ZoomDescription meta tag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZoomDescription meta tag?

Is there a metatag ZOOMDESCRIPTION that would function in a similar way in which ZOOMWORDS relates to the standard HTML "keywords" metatag?

I'd like some of my descriptions to be a couple sentences in length -- well beyond the 160 characters limit of good SEO rules, so it would be great if there was a ZOOMDESCRIPTION.

Is there one? Or perhaps a different way of accomplishing this?
    John Fox
    www.marketing-playbook.com

No, but we plan to add support for ZOOMDESCRIPTION and ZOOMTITLE in V6.

On the other hand, we do not think there's any strict SEO rule for 160 characters. Certainly some search engines may ignore or truncate the meta description when it is too long, but none of them would penalize a page for it I would think. Also, many of the major search engines, such as Google would typically ignore the meta description all together when it comes to ranking.

Nonetheless, V6 will allow you to give a different meta title or description to a page than what you want to present to external search engines.

PS. If you really wanted to, you could do some server-side scripting and provide a different description depending on the client user-agent string identified. So you could give "GoogleBot", or "ZoomSpider" a different description than everyone else.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X