Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying the results list in a page other than the one of the query form

Dear Zoomers,

I am an Italian user come to grips with the displaying of the results list. I'd like to have Zoom display it in a window other than the one from which the the query was started (I mean just the page where the results are listed not a new window when clicking a single result entry, problem for which I already know the answer). Can any of you assist me?
    Thanks in advance for your kind cooperation.

Luigi Benelli
    Florence
    Italy
    lben1@tiscali.it

See this FAQ
    Q. How do I make the search results open in a new window (or different frame)?

Comment

It's a bit different

Hi Wrensoft,

what I meant is a little different. I know how to have Zoom open the single result object in a new separate window (by setting the parameter referred to in the FAQ you indicated, ok). It's just the previous step: haw to obtain that the results list is displayed in a separate window, so that on closing it the visitor of my website can go back to the window which started the inquiry. For a concrete example of this you can go to the website where I have a very useful implementation of Zoom for searches within a textual base of lectures: http://antibagno/tazzadorzo.net and type "guest" both in the login and the password fields.
      To solve this problem is crucial to me to avoid having my student users asking over and over again: "Hey, Luigi, why does the website disappear when I close the results window?"...

Thanks for your help

Luigi Benelli
      Florence
      Italy

Comment

Sorry I don't understand what you mean and how it is different from what is detailed in the FAQ.

The URL you refereced http://antibagno/tazzadorzo.net is not on the Internet. It refers to a local host on your private network I assume. So we can't see what you are refering to.

There is also no need to private message me the same messages that you post in the forum.

Comment

Sorry, I wrote it wrong

Dear Administrator,

I apologize for having witten the URL wrong.

Actually, it is:

http://antibagno.tazzadorzo.net (User: guest password: guest)

and the query supported by Zoom is visible clicking "Le lezioni" on the main navbar on the left, then the "Ricerche" button on the "Le lezioni" window. You can test the query by looking for "Platone".

The problem I have is with the results page: when I click on the "close window" control, in the upper right corner, this action closes the navigation in my website because the results page is not displayed in a separate window from the query page but in the same one, so that closing closes the navigation in the website as well. This brings me a lot of inconvenience because my students keep asking me for a solution to that problem.

I hope to have been a bit clearer, given English is not my mothertongue.

Best regards

Luigi Benelli,
          Florence
          Italy

Comment

You have posted the same message 4 times, several times in this thread and once in a new thread (in addition to sending private messages with the same post).

Checking and deleting duplicates or answering the same question twice (or three times) is a huge waste of time for us. If you are a web designer we expect you to know the basics of forum etiquette. If you continue to do this we will just ban your account.

Comment

After looking at your site I still believe your issue you be resolved by following the instructions in the FAQ already referenced.

Q. How do I make the search results open in a new window (or different frame)?

Or another solution would be to add some navigation to your search results page (edit the search_template.html file to do this). Then people can navigation back to your site from the search results page.

Comment

Ok, many thanks. I hope you'll accept my excuses for the inconvenience I have caused you.

Luigi Benelli

Comment

Please read the FAQ linked above completely. There are two methods described, the first paragraph is about search result links opening in a new window. The second paragraph describes opening the page of search results (which is what you want, I think) in a new window.
                  --Ray
                  Wrensoft Web Software
                  Sydney, Australia
                  Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi Raymond,

thanks for your useful hint about the FAQ in question.
                    Yes, that may be a good solution to my problem: however I had already devised a workaround by having my customised search page launched by NOF as a popup window from the "Biblioteca itinerante" page. So closing the results list page gets back to it again, as you can see for yourself if you reenter my website. But I acknowledge that the real solution is having the results list itself launched as a separated window by acting on the "TARGET" subparameter, as you indicated. I'll try soon: at present I had an urgent problem to be solved somehow.

Best regards,

Luigi Benelli
                    Florence
                    Italy

Comment

Working...
                    X