PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ...

Hi there!

I just found your great software today, because in our company we need to change the search engine of our site (it doesn work well...). Yours seems to be exactly what we want/need.

I've downloaded the Free version to test it before we decide to by, and everything works fine except on message that appears on the php/included search page.

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/emacrob/public_html/procurarz.php:9) in /home/emacrob/public_html/z/search.php on line 73"

The search results are ok, but this message i'm not figuring out how to solve it.

I've read the FAQ and searched for similar situations in the forum, but no luck on a way to solve this.

The only solution i've found is editing the search.php file and double slash the lines:

// if (isset($Charset) && $NoCharset == 0)
    // header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=" . $Charset);

It works, but everytime the software uploads a new index, it replaces it with the new search.php.

The search.php is included using php, inside the main page that have header and footer php includes also.

You can test it here:

http://www.e-macrobiotica.com/procurarz.php

Does anyone have any idea of how can i solve this?

Thank you very much,

Nelson

It appears you have followed the FAQ here to include the search.php script within your own PHP page. But you might have missed this instruction from the above page:

• Check the "Disable charset enforcing on search script" option in the Advanced tab of the Configuration window. This is no longer possible since HTML is being displayed before the search script begins to output.
    If you check this option, save your config, and re-index, you should find that will remove the warning message without any need to modify the search script.

Also see this FAQ:
    Q. "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent..." or similar error message
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X