PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help With Simple Java Script... Please~!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Simple Java Script... Please~!

Good day new friends~

What a great site, thank you for providing us this great tool!

The energy here is excellent and the support for your product feels very active, moving and attentive.

This post comes after a genuine effort to get this simple JS to work on my own understanding. I have attempted many times, each time for 2-3 hours. I accept your guidance please.

I am working to configure a simple java script search box on every page (the ones on the examples page are excellent!)

I looked at the example script for .asp and .php but I cannot get any of this to work with .js based on the zoom files, nor can I figure out where to put them all etc...

I gratefully accept any clear guidance or a link with clear instruction on how to configure a JS script for a 'simple search box on each page'...

Also how to reference the results page?

I have always built my own sites, though I have only learned as I went.
    Have a alot of JS running right now..
    The site in question is our new community site in the works

http://www.agapegarden.com

Thank you,

Much Respect!

Rodney

Hi Rodney,

First thing to check is if you have downloaded a copy of the Users Guide which contains detail explanations of these aspects of Zoom. You should, in particular refer to chapter 1.7 "Which search script platform should I use?". It should also help you if you do not understand the differences between the platforms, as should this FAQ page:
    Q. What is PHP, ASP, CGI or JavaScript? How do I determine which one I should use?

As your search page is to be hosted on an online web server, it would be best to check if you can use PHP or ASP. Javascript (JS) is only suitable if you are making a search engine for an offline medium (eg. CD or DVDs) or if you are hosting on a very limited web server without PHP or ASP support.

To create a search box on the other pages of your site, see this FAQ:
    Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)

As mentioned in the above FAQ, if you are creating a form for the JS page, you will need to replace the action attribute of "search.php" with "search.html" or a relative path to the location of your search page.

Hope that helps.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you for the reply Ray,

Yes, I have downloaded the Users Guide and spent many hours on this prior to posting and joining the forum. I have been to all of the pages you suggested many times prior to asking for help here.

My apparent lack of understanding is a bit frustrating and simply keeping me from using this tool.

I will revisit my options for a search function on our site.

Thank you much.

Much Respect,

Rodney~

Comment

Maybe if you can point us to one of your attempts (eg. a test page on the site with your attempts at the search box), then we could determine what the problem is more specifically?
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X