Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pdf see as .doc or .xls

Hi,

I have many pdf that has been created from .doc or .xls.

When I see the result, I often see thenameofmydocument .doc or .xls instead of .pdf...

Is there a easy way to fix this ... I can't recreate all my pdf correctly and I can't do a desc file for all my documents ...

thx

This is a common issue with PDF files that have been created incorrectly, usually from Microsoft Word, by clicking on "Print" and using the "PDF Writer" as a device.

When you do this, the "Microsoft Word - MyDocument.doc" title is actually stored in the PDF file as the document title. You can check this by opening the file in Acrobat Reader and clicking on "File"->"Document"->"Summary".

The best solution would be to recreate your PDF files, or use .DESC files to specify proper titles. However, if this is not possible, you can consider disabling the use of meta information from PDF files (since they clearly do not contain useful information). You can do this from the "Scan Options" tab of the Configuration window. Double click on the ".pdf" extension and uncheck the option to "Retrieve internal meta information".

Hope that helps.

This topic has also previously been discussed here, here and here.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X