incremental, partial indexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incremental, partial indexing

hello, some time ago i noticed problems with partial indexing i ignored this issue because my index was small and i could live with this, now my indexexes grows and i need some help, please

problem description:

im indexing few pages that i cant controll, all of those pages are coded with diferent charsets some of them in utf some of them in iso latin etc,
    when i use full index everthing is ok all spanish letters and accents shows correctly, but when i add anything to existing index all pages shows wrong caracters and accents, what im missing please? i would like to use partial indexing, because of news. so maybe once per 2 weeks i will like to full index.

more details:

zoom is installed on windows xp home
    utf-8 is declared in my template
    language tab:
    utf-8 is marked
    accents and ligatures enabled
    in advanced tab:
    miscellaneous (disable charset enforcing on search script) is marked (i tested all ready with and without this option, so i'll back to markt again)
    server is linux

thank you very much for your help in advance
    ewa

Just a quick check, are you using the latest build? V5.1.1011 or something older?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

partial indexing

hello ray, yes im using latest build
      ewa

Comment

i don't want to bother you or anybody but if this helps and make it esiear i will pm you my config and server ftp user+pass to check it your self if you tell me to do so
        thank you for your help in advance
        ewa

Comment

Yes, please contact us via e-mail and send us your configuration file. It would also help if you can provide us with the steps to reproduce this problem, and screenshots of the differences (as we are not fluent in Spanish and may not spot the problem easily).
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

incremental indexing part 2

hello, i realase more problems with incremental indexing, example:
            when i run index in normal mode everything is ok, but when i add any changes like new start pionts, after uploading im unable to search in categories, be4 writing this i checked few times and allwais with the same result after incremental indexing when searching in categories im geting error 500

im using the last build v.5.1.1012

i will appreciate any help on this , thank you very much in advance for your help
            ewa

Comment

We will need more information. Are you using the PHP, ASP or CGI version? If CGI, what operating system is your web server running? Can you provide us with a URL to your search page? If not, can you ZIP up your search files (all ZDAT files, search.cgi) and e-mail this to us along with your ZCFG file containing your latest configuration.
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

hello Ray,
                my web server is running linux im using cgi and definitely allaways after reuploading again all zoom files my categories are not working and im getting 500 error at this moment zoom is working again and should finish in 2 - 3 h. till that you can please check yourself what happens when using categories

example steps i take:
                1.indexing my sites
                2,clicking on "view or delete pages..." to delete my site map
                3,uploading changed zoom files
                4,checkin if my categories still working

i did send you priv download link
                thank you very much for your help ina advance
                ewa

Comment

We've confirmed that this was a bug. The CGI would fail when searching with multiple categories on a set of index files which you have performed incremental update or used the "delete pages" function.

This has now been fixed in build 5.1.1013. Please download this here. Please see your PM for more information.
                  --Ray
                  Wrensoft Web Software
                  Sydney, Australia
                  Zoom Search Engine

Comment

thank you very much, it is working greate now, im able to read uploaded files after changes...

but i still have question about incremental indexing, in my case im using few diferent configurations for diferent sites. now when you close current configuration and open a diferent one you are unable to upload if is not indexed be4...
                    example:
                    if i reopen any one of my diferent proyects because i findit a page that i dont wanted or i findit an url that i like to add im unable to upload because i recive the error saying:"no files to upload, you must index your site first" so, it means you can deal with changes only if the current proyect remainds open? (just after index?) and you can't go back to any diferent proyect after closing the window?

basicaly my question is: how can i open any of my proyects, make changes like adding or deleting pages, and upload this proyect?
                    what im doing wrong please?
                    thank you very much for your help in advance
                    ewa

Comment

Ewa, you're right, there is a minor oversight here. Currently, Zoom will not recognize that the index files require uploading if you open an old project and use the "Delete pages from existing index" function. We'll address this in a future build.

However, our tests indicate that it does recognize this for any other incremental features, such as "Incremental Update" and "Add start point to existing index" or "Add list of new/updated pages to existing index". Can you check again if this is the case for adding pages, and if so, can you give me precise steps (e.g. start zoom, load config of existing index, click "add list of...", etc.) to reproduce the problem?
                      --Ray
                      Wrensoft Web Software
                      Sydney, Australia
                      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                      X