X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Search Box

This question is related to:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2311

I have opted to not have the Powered By Zoom Search on my search results page. When I unchecked "Show Zoom Info Line", it also made the search box disapear (and categories). When i checked it again and ran the index, everything was still missing.

How do I get it back?

Also, I have deleted the search.js file, but when I re-index the old search.js appears... help!

thx :0

Comment

The "Show Zoom Info Line" has nothing to do with the display of the search box.

However deleting the search.js file will certainly stop the Javascript search option from running (and thus stop the search form being produced).

Maybe you also accidentally changed the appearance of the search form. From the drop down on the "search page" tab?

There is also this FAQ.
      Q. Why is there no search form on my search page?

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

No I did not change anything on the search Tab. The page works correclty when viewed through Mozzila, however in IE 6 its missing the search box and submit button. Also, my other search indexes are working. Its just this one.

I think I am going to erase the config and start over. I will post my results tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

If you do still have problems, can you give us a URL to the search page in question (or upload it to your website) so that we can take a look.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I confirmed my search.html and template are ok.

I think I found the root of the problem. My max search unique words is set to 100,000 which is too high. I set to 60,000 and it works.

I have 3 books (full of acronyms and unique words), I need to figure how to search them separately (they are also in different folders).

Thx

Bones

Comment

I assume you are using the Javascript option.
              Javascript doesn't have a very high capacity nor good performance. If you have a large site You should consider switching to the ASP, PHP or CGI options.

Comment

Thanks... I agree but I have limits. We are using the asp search engine for our intranet who access info online. But we also have a system which allows the users to connect to the network and mirror the website for offline viewing. So I needed to created an Offline version. I believe Javascript is the only way to view with out a webserver... correct?

Thanks,

Comment

For what you want to do, you are probably right. It sounds like your only option is the JS version if you have these limitations.

There are alternatives to using JS in other scenarios (such as creating an offline CD/DVD) without a webserver. These are described here.
                  --Ray
                  Wrensoft Web Software
                  Sydney, Australia
                  Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Cool. Question - The offline version copies a file system to their D: Drive.
                    The D: Drive is a partitioned. It mimics a Flash Drive. Can I use FlyingAnt webserver?

Comment

I just downloaded Zoom Front End software - I think this will work. thx!

Comment

Working...
                      X