Suggestions for v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for RAW Image and EXIF Data

Would be nice to add RAW image processing to the image indexing. Each RAW file has a jpeg thumbnail imbedded in it which can be extraceted via the RAW file.

In addition it would be nice to have the ability to index the EXIF data of RAW and other image files. This could allow users to put "EOS 5D" or "85mm" in the search and the results would return only images that had that in the EXIF data.

Here is a very powerful command line EXIF extractor/writer that I have used in some of my programming. http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Comment

Full regex support in searches.

Not sure if it's doable but having full regex support in searches would be nice. Or at least expand the wildcards to match up with the most commnly used regex (expressions).

Comment

Some nice ideas (the category ones would be worth considering).

RAW images ... is anyone else interested? We are already indexing EXIF data from other image files. See:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...ins_image.html

I personally do not think regexp support would be beneficial, as the number of end users who are capable of using regexp are so small, and it would just complicate things for everyone else. The amount of index data necessary to address the full range of search queries that are possible with regexp would also hinder speed of searches and the size of index data significantly.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
          Some nice ideas (the category ones would be worth considering).

RAW images ... is anyone else interested? We are already indexing EXIF data from other image files. See:
          http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...ins_image.html

I personally do not think regexp support would be beneficial, as the number of end users who are capable of using regexp are so small, and it would just complicate things for everyone else. The amount of index data necessary to address the full range of search queries that are possible with regexp would also hinder speed of searches and the size of index data significantly.

Sorry...I should really RTFM.

This is great. Okay so how about intorducing the concept of sub categories. For example a category called Photos with sub categories for EXIF Data of our choice

RAW images may just be a subset of people. It of course interests me because all of our product shots are RAW only. We have applications that organize these but seach is a little to be desired. This is where Zoom would shine.

For regex I totally understand. I currently have a script that I front-end to zoom specifically for those that need regex. Basically its a search box that accepts regex expressions then chooses 20 variations on the expression and sends those over to zoom. My team uses this only in extreme situations as it opens 20 Zoom search result pages

Comment

something else...

1) i would like to see the other 70.3% search phrases returning in zero results... when i look at my stat report, i like to know what is coming back as a zero and use that name as a synonym or as a recommended link so something returns that is close to what they are looking for.

2) i would like to see a stat of when something is searched and results come up, i would like to know what they are clicking on... is it the first thing that comes up? is it further down on the list? do they even click on anything? i think that information would be very useful for making a site more "sticky" and having less people bounce out.

just a thought.
            Dan Peterman ~ www.antennasystems.com, www.comsiteconstruction.com

Comment

Working...
            X