Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indexing an .aspx password protected directory

Hello,

I am trying to index a set of pdf files using Zoom Professional. If I understand correctly, Zoom ‘finds’ files by scanning pages for links to other files. I have a password-protected .aspx page that has a list of links. When I try to get Zoom to index the page I get an error message that says: ‘Check the URL exists and satisfies the settings in the configuration window. If you wish to spider from a directory, check that it ends with a ‘/’ slash.” I have .aspx included under Scan extensions. What am I missing? Thanks for your help!

First thing you should probably do is turn on "Verbose Mode" and try again, and see what extra messages are being reported in the Index Log. It should tell you if it failed to connect to the URL you specified, or if access was denied, etc.

If it is a connection issue, then you should check if you have a firewall which is blocking ZoomIndexer.exe from accessing the web.

Since you mentioned the page being password protected, this may be an access denied issue. Please see this FAQ, if this is the case:
    Q. How do I index protected parts of my website requiring user authentication?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X