Moving search field to toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving search field to toolbar

I'm a technical writer interested in integrating Zoom with RoboHelp. I'm researching the development effort required to embed the Zoom search field in the main toolbar of the Help window instead of it appearing on the .htm page Zoom creates.

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions regarding this desired customization?

We are not familiar enough with Adobe RoboHelp to know the extent to which you can customize their toolbar, but if you can insert or modify the HTML for it, you should be able to do so with a similar method to that which is described in this FAQ:
    Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)

On a related note, you may also find some information of interest in this tutorial on how to integrate Zoom with RoboHelp, kindly made available by one of our users:
    http://www.grainge.org/pages/authori...zoomsearch.htm
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks so much, Ray...this is immensely helpful!

Comment

Robohelp Integration

I've been using the Robohelp / Zoom combo for about 6 months now, and have yet to figure out how to integrate the search function into the toolbar.

However.....building it into the HEADER of your document template actually works much better than what you'd ever get out of loading it into limited space of the top toolbar:

#1 - you can add categories
        #2 - you can add boolean (match all or match any) statements
        #3 - you can totally customize the look and feel, as you are simply building an html form (there are code examples on this site)
        #4 - you can add the (arguably useless) search-by-date option

Good Luck! Lemme know if you get stuck.

Comment

Working...
        X