Non-standard file location for search_template.html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-standard file location for search_template.html

In version 2 of Zoom, I was able to configure it to read the search template master html file from a non-standard location. The search_template file itself was generated using a site template, so updates to the site template were automatically reflected in the search template.

With version 5, I cannot reproduce this behaviour, so zoom is generating a search_template.html file that is not updated when my site template is updated.

In fact, Zoom only seems to copy the search_template to its output folder.

I would be pleased if I could:

(a) Stop zoom from creating search_template.html, so I wont accidentally overwrite my latest version with an old one held by zoom.

OR

(b) Configure search.php to use a different template name so I can ignore the one written by zoom (but that would not work is zoom changed the name of its output file to match search.php, which of course one would expect it to do).

OR

(c) Configure zoom to use my own master template from a non-standard location.

I cannot find a way to do any of the above with the current configuration.

A weak alternative is option

(d) Manually update zoom's master template whenever my site template changes.

and

(e) Be careful.

Hoping for one of (a)-(c)

Thanks...

You might find your answers in chapter 8.6 of the Users Guide (and also in the Help file).

This explains the differences in how the "search_template.html" file is used and managed in the current version of Zoom, in comparison to how they were used in V2 and V3.

The important thing to note is that Zoom will NOT write to the template file in the output folder, if one already exists there. So if your own master template file is saved in the output folder, then Zoom will not touch it or overwrite it in subsequent re-indexes (unlike in V2, when it would always overwrite the file).

It only copies the default template to the output folder when there isn't an existing template file there.

Does that solve the problem for you?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Indeed that answers the issue - I can output the template generated by other software into the zoom output directory.

Comment

Working...
      X