weird characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird characters

I have two strange rendering issues with search results. I'm using the cgi xml version.

1. the search result title is this in the zdat file:
    Beauty Blabber » Blog Archive » Direct From L.A.

This is how the same result is outputted on the webapage result page:
    Beauty Blabber » Blog Archive » Direct From L.A.

How do I get rid of these weird characters.

2. Also on the search results, there is always a number "1" posted at the end for no reason. I can't figure out how it's being created.

You can see an example of these two issues here:
    http://www.allwebnow.com/mediaspace/beauty5.php?context=3&search_query=Direct+From+L.A .

Your search script appears to be significantly modified (we don't take parameters "context" or "search_query", nor is the file named "beauty5.php" by default). We can't tell from here if this is a modified version of our search.php script, or if it is embedding our script, or if it is calling the CGI and post-processing the results, ... etc.

If you can show us the problem using the default scripts, we can then take another look. Otherwise, we are unable to provide support/help on scripts with modified source code as the behaviour would undoubtedbly be changed. The "1" at the end for example, is likely a bug in your code changes, and the unusual character is likely to be a charset/encoding issue.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X