Cannot customize per items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot customize per items

1. Hi, I wish to customize the result items, not like font, css, etc, but I want to customize that the link is appear left while the tile appear at right in a row, how can I do that?

2. And is there a way that I can loop the result return by the search? And getting each search result record and format it in my own way?

3. I wish to strip out the text "search powered by zoom search engine" at the bottom of search result.

4. At the result page, there is always this search for text, textbox, and per page (or .zoom_searchform section) and I disable that using

.zoom_searchform
    {
    visibility:hidden;
    }

in my css file and it still not working (and i am so sure that my default.aspx already refer to that css file because other part of my page that using the css file is working).

1. Not sure what you mean. Do you mean thumbnail images when you say "tile"? You can position this to the right of your search results using CSS.

2. You could capture the output of the search result and reformat it, if that's what you mean. But this requires scripting knowledge. The CGI version with the XML output option would be best suited to this.

But generally, CSS allows you to do alot of reformatting as it is. You may find that your formatting requirements can already be done with CSS - most people who do not have much experience with CSS, do not realize exactly what you can do with styles, and end up making unnecessarily more difficult script changes etc. to achieve a layout that was always possible with minor CSS definitions.

If this is the case, I would recommend looking up some online tutorials for information. See this FAQ for some more information.

An example of what one could potentially do with just CSS changes, see this post where the results are displayed as only thumbnails, in a grid-like fashion:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showpo...92&postcount=6

Note that this was achieved with nothing but CSS changes.

3. You can toggle this from the Search Page tab of the Configuration window.

4. You can turn off the search form from the Search Page tab as well. Change the "Search form:" drop down from "Advanced" to "Do not generate".
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X