Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using zoom search in PHP pages

Hi,
    I just bought the Pro version of Zoom Search (its excellent!) and I have followed the guide relating to SSI PHP etc.

I have my custom search page working okay with its PHP includes for header, footer, menu etc and the results display on it fine and the pagination seems to work okay (I just need to tweak the CSS).

My question is, after completing the last stage of your guide on inserting the name of the new search page into the Configuration > Advanced > Link Back URL, do you have to re-index the whole site again as it doesn't say what to do next? After I inserted that url in the options and resaved the config file, no files changed in my search folder that needed to be uploaded.

I've re-indexed it twice already after switching to categories and at 10,000 pages + it took a while (about 40mins each time).

Thanks!

Yes, most changes in the Indexer require a re-index for it to take effect. Most settings require changes in the index data (which may need to exclude some data or include some extra data accordingly), that we made this a general policy to avoid confusion and the user mixing up data files from different sessions.

We generally recommend configuring your search page and settings on a small number of files first (eg. 20 or so - you can hit the "Stop" button anytime, and it will produce the index files for the files indexed up to that point), while you are fine-tuning the setting up of your search page. Once you have it all setup right, then you can let it go ahead and do the full index. This will save you alot of time in re-indexing the entire site for each minor change.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation and the time saving tip! So obvious to limit the index to 20-odd pages whilst setting things up, but I would have overlooked this.

Comment

Working...
      X