Indexing in Demo Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing in Demo Mode

I entered my license but the indexing only takes 4 seconds and finds 14 html files. How do I get it out of apparently the demo mode.

First of all, the Free Edition is limited to 50 pages, not 14 (see here). So the fact that you only indexed 14 pages is unlikely to be related to this.

Second, it should be very clear which edition you are currently running and whether you have entered the license key correctly. The title of the Zoom Indexer application window should say this: "Zoom Search Engine - Free Edition" or "Zoom Search Engine - Professional Edition", etc. This is also indicated in the first message of the index log and also under the menus in "Help"->"About".

If the program still says "Free Edition" in these areas, then it means that you have not correctly entered in the license key.

If the program says "Standard Edition", "Professional Edition", or "Enterprise Edition" here, then you have entered the license key correctly, and the program is already in its full registered mode of operation.

I suspect the latter is the case, and you are using spider mode, and you have either pointed the spider to a page that is not the best to start crawling from, or your site is not particularly spider friendly (e.g. it relies on Javascript navigation). This is explained in detail in our FAQs:
    Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?
    Q. Why are links in my Javascript menus being skipped?
    Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

Please refer to the above links and let us know if you have any questions.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X