PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vista situation - could not load config file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista situation - could not load config file?

Hello, I had to change to a different computer and now something is wrong with my zoom v5. Its scanning all the files online but it won't upload zoom files. The error message says, "could not load config file C:\program files\Zoom Search Engine 5.0\scripts\cgi\Linux_search.cgi"

When I look in the zooms cgi folder that file is listed in it, so not sure why it won't upload it. Does this have anything to do with Vista? Before I was using xp, now using vista. I also notice when I try to save a zoom.zcfg, it says "this file is set to read only" and that never happened before either. All are new problems that only began when switching to a different computer and to Vista. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you.

This does sound like a Vista related issue.

There is a list of known minor issues with Vista here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1942

Most of the problems can be solved by running Zoom with the "Run as administrator" option. See the above link for more information.

But with general Vista usage, you are no longer recommended to save your configuration file within the "Program Files" folder tree. You should save your ZCFG file somewhere else (in your Documents folder for example, or Desktop), and double click on that to start up Zoom.

You should also make sure to specify your output folder to be somewhere where you have full permission to read and write from.

Basically, Vista has increased security requirements, and you have to be much more careful with where you save your files or else there are many permission issues.

We are looking into changing some of our default settings to minimize these issues in the future.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks so much, running as administrator fixed everything!

Comment

Working...
      X