PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Results in a new page without the search page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results in a new page without the search page?

I know how to get the search results in a new page, but it also carries the search form with it.

Is there any way to get the search results in a new page without displaying the search form again?

Thanks

Make a new HTML page. Add a search form to it. Direct people to this page when they want to do a search.

Then turn off the search form generation in Zoom from the "search page" tab.

Comment

Well I currently do not generate a search page becuase I define my own template. I have a lot of java script runing on the page as I use the search template to search multiple websites (not indexed by Zoom). If you search the zoom indexed site it will open in a new window but with the search form intact.

Is there a way around this with the way I am using the searh template?

Thans

Comment

If you have turned off the generation of the search form. Then the script will not generate a search form.

If you still see a form on the Zoom search results page, then I am guessing it is something you have added yourself in the template or via the customisation you have.

But to be fair I didn't fully understand what you have done by way of customisation, your Javascipt, and searching multiple sites with another product.

Can you set up a generic Zoom page and see if you have the problem you are refering to.

Comment

Ok sorry...I have a bad habit of starting posts then forgetting about them.

I do not auto generate a search page every time i index. This is becuase I define my own template so that I can re-arrange my categories and such. Also I added some java script that allows me to search other sites using the Zoom search box.

In addition to that I have _blank set in the template (as per the help) to put my results in a new page.

When the results come up the search template at the top is generated again with the results at the bottom. This is what I am trying to elimnate (the search form).

If I don't add any of my own code but still define my own search template (again just for the ability to arrage my categories), this is still the same behavior so I don't think it's anything to do with my code.

Does that make more sense?

Thanks

Comment

Hmm, I think David's first response should address the issue. Perhaps there's some miscommunication here, first, when you say "search page", I believe you are referring to just the search form (that is, the HTML form with the text boxes and the submit button). We tend to refer to the whole "page", with the search results and the search form as a "search page". If you are using the PHP or ASP version, this would be "search.php" or "search.asp". If you are using the Javascript version, this would be "search.html".

From what you are saying, I believe you have disabled the search form (set to "Do not generate" in the Zoom configuration window), and you have modified the search template to include your own custom search form.

For what you want to do though, and what David originally suggested, you should remove your custom search form from your template, so that there is no form there.

And in place of that, you create a completely different web page, (eg. "mysearch.html"), which contains the search form HTML with your categories etc. and a target= attribute that points to your actual, form-less search page (eg. search.php, or search.html, etc.). So your "search page" essentially becomes a results only page, and you have an independent page which contains your search form.

Does that make sense?
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X