Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working with includes

Hello there...

I have the search feature working on our website, however, I am wanting to use the search as an include.

Here you will see what I mean:

On the following link, look to the right, there is a search box that is an actual include. When I add the search feature to that include, it will update, but only on the right.

Is there a way to have a search box on the right site of all page, but when the search is conducted, have it update in the main section, without using frames?
    Last edited by santharian; Sep-04-2007, 06:51 PM.

I tried opening the search results in a new window in the config and that doesnt seem to work.

EDIT

ITS WORKING!
    Last edited by santharian; Sep-04-2007, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if your last post implies that you have found a solution to all the problems above, or only the most recent one you mentioned.

But if you are trying to add a search box on each page, then you should be looking at this FAQ:
      Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)

The question regarding "update in the main section, without using frames", is hard to interpret without seeing the page/layout in question. Generally though, it would just mean that you have a search template that matches the rest of your site, with the <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tag placed in the "main section" of your page, and the custom search box HTML (as explained in the above FAQ) also placed on the right, like your other pages. See the chapter on customizing your search template in the Users Guide for more information.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X