Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSS for results with thumbnails

Hi,

I have integrated thumbnails into search results using the latest pro version. I am having problems getting the spacing right with CSS. My thumbnail images are all of equal width, and vertically sized to proportion.

What I would like is for each whole results block to be separated from the next one by, say, 10px. Trouble is, the .result_block property seems to exclude the image, and the .result_image property seems to ignore the text. I can't find a property that wraps around the whole result block including the photos and the text, so the spacing between each full block is consistent.

I hope this is understandable; it's kind of hard to explain in words.

james

The ".result_block" class should always include the image (result_image) tags. Not sure why you think it is excluded?

Using the default template CSS, you should be able to space the gap between each result block (which includes the thumbnail image and the link text, description text, etc.) by specifying a margin or padding parameter to the ".result_block" class.

The exception might be that you have other conflicting CSS specified (eg. absolute positioning, etc.). Or have you modified the search script any?

If you can provide us with a URL to the search page, we can take a closer look.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks. The CSS you supplied to me in a separate email --

.result_image img { border: 0px; float: left; width: 75px; }
      .result_block { clear: left; padding-top: 20px; }
      .result_altblock { clear: left; padding-top: 20px; }

worked just fine, whereas the code I was using--

.result_image img { border: 0px; float: left; width: 75px; }
      .result_block { margin-top: 75px; }
      .result_altblock { margin-top: 75px; }

did not. In any case, problem solved. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X