• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descriptions Don't Show Up

Why aren't descriptions showing up?
    Indexing Options - Page Content checked
    Results Layout - Context Description checked

Please post a URL to the search page if it is accessible online.

There are a number of possibilities. The search word may have matched a term in the title, and so the context description text could have been identical to the title, and it will omit showing it again.

Are you getting this behaviour for all files and all search words? Or just some?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

All description results are omitted.

Duplication page detection is unchecked.

Comment

You did not tell us if the word you are searching for appears in the title, as mentioned above.

I'll ask again if you can provide the URL to the search page.

It may also be of help if you can tell us what files you are indexing (e.g. PDF files? JPG files?)

Duplicate page detection has nothing to do with this.

Basically, we can't be of much help if you do not give us enough information.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I did an upgrade to the latest build and the descriptions show up when the platform is PHP but do not show up when the platform is CGI.

Comment

I'm sorry but you need to provide us with more information for us to be of help. You have failed to answer any of the questions and potential causes I have previously mentioned, and so we still do not know if those possible causes are related to what you are seeing, or not.

Again, if you can show us the search page in question, and show us exactly what you mean (eg. "on my search page http://mysite.com/search.php when I search for 'dog', the first result does not have a description")

If your search page is not available online, please say so, and we can suggest alternatives (you can e-mail us your search files for example).

There are many possible reasons for this. For example:
            - You are indexing different pages between the PHP search and the CGI page. The pages indexed and searched for in the CGI do not contain meta descriptions.
            - You have turned off context description whilst making your configuration changes and did not realize it. One common cause is if you attempted to use the Javascript option, which will automatically turn OFF context description.
            - As mentioned, your searches are matching the title and the context description is not displayed when it is identical to the title
            - You are indexing certain file formats, and the information matched contains no suitable description.

Please provide more information when you are reporting a problem and answer the questions given.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X