Error zoom_pageinfo.zdat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error zoom_pageinfo.zdat

Zoom config error: The zoom_pageinfo.zdat file is invalid or not up-to-date. Please make sure you have uploaded all files from the same indexing session.

Files automatically uploaded. zoom_pageinfo.zdat shows up to date.

The most common cause of this problem (as you probably know) is uploading the files with another program besides Zoom, which is not uploading the files in binary mode (as required). Some info on this here.

This should not happen if you are uploading the files with Zoom however.

Another common cause is a modified search script. If you have made any changes at all to the search.php script file, then please let us know, as your changes are likely to have modified the behaviour of the script.

Can you tell us which version and build number of Zoom you are using? Click on "Help"->"About". The latest is V5.1 build 1004 and it is available here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

My version 5.1 build 1002

search.php has never been edited.

I reinstalled the program.

Comment

I just downloaded 1004. Is there a way to transfer configuration settings from settings on the older version, categories, etc. ?

Comment

You just need to load the previous ZCFG file containing your settings. All ZCFG files are forward compatible, this means that files created with older versions of Zoom can be loaded into newer versions (or builds) of Zoom.

You need to be careful if you are using the default "zoom.zcfg" file though. Upon installation of the upgrade, you are prompted if you want to "overwrite the existing 'zoom.zcfg' file". If you answered yes to this question, the installer will overwrite your old configuration file with a new default configuration file.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

What about the error above?

Comment

We're still waiting for you to confirm if the latest build has changed the behaviour of the error message.

If you continue to have problems, you can zip up the search files you are using (all ZDAT files and include search.php and settings.php) and e-mail them to us. It is absolutely crucial that you email the exact files that you have on your web server and that are generating this error message (people often mistakenly send us a different copy, or assume a new set of files to be the same as the ones they have on their server).
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

"You just need to load the previous ZCFG file containing your settings. All ZCFG files are forward compatible, this means that files created with older versions of Zoom can be loaded into newer versions (or builds) of Zoom."

Where is this file and how do I upload it?

Comment

Never mind, I found the zoom.zcfg file. I thought it wrote over the old version but it didn't.

Comment

Also getting "zoom_pageinfo.zdat file is invalid" error

Hi there. I am also receiving this message - The zoom_pageinfo.zdat file is invalid or not up-to-date. The search function is working properly but is adding the error message near the top of the page anyway.

I have confirmed that all files are being uploaded in binary format so I assume this has to do with changes we made to search.php. The only changes we made are to have certain headers and footers called when drawing the search template. Here are the lines of code we added:

I added the following:

Lines 201-210:
                    /*
                    * CUSTOM CODE
                    * START Include WP code
                    */

include_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/include_post_template.inc.php');
                    /*
                    * CUSTOM CODE
                    * END Include WP code
                    */

Lines 706-714:
                    /*
                    * CUSTOM CODE
                    * START Include WP code
                    */
                    include_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/include_pre_template.inc.php');
                    /*
                    * CUSTOM CODE
                    * END Include WP code
                    */

That is it. And we still receive this error. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

There is a less invasive way to add PHP headers and footers. See the FAQ
                      Q. How can I add server-side scripting (eg. PHP, ASP) to the search template?

I would revert to our script and see if it fixes the problem.

Also check
                      - You are using the latest version of the software
                      - You uploaded ALL the index files. Including the settings.php file.
                      - All the files are from the same indexing session. Not a mix from different sessions.

Comment

Working...
                      X