Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Statistics Problem

Hi,

I have recently encountered a problem with generating search statistics reports using Zoom.

It has worked before perfectly, I have not modified any settings or changed my config but now when I try to generate a report the following error is displayed:

"Wrong file type. The selected file appears to be the wrong type or an old log file created before Zoom 3.0, Error on Line 3851, Expected Search token but found none or encountered invalid data."

I have downloaded the log file to a local disk and I am trying to generate the report in the same folder.

Zoom version 5.1 (Build: 1001)

Any suggestions?

Update: Trimmed the log file down to only the first 2700 lines to check I wasn't going crazy and it works perfectly... must be some sort of bug.

Comment

Can you zip up the full log file, including line 3851 and E-Mail it to us.

Comment

Email sent with full log file attached.

Comment

We've looked at your log file and confirmed that it is corrupted on line 3851 as reported. In fact, it looks like the server may have been interrupted (power loss, or reset) at the time of the log entry, causing the line to be prematurely terminated and the subsequent log entry is written on the same line.

Removing this line from the log file will allow it to parse the rest of the file. However, we then found that your log file has other problems - caused by a bug in the older build that you are using, and which has since been fixed in all builds after (from V5.1 build 1002 onwards). You can find mention of this bug (see 28 June 2007) and link to download the latest on our "What's New" page here:
          http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

This bug unfortunately caused some of your log statistics to be incorrect, as the multiple IPs affected the parsing.

With these issues in mind, we made a bunch of improvements in Zoom's stats report function for the next build (V5.1 build 1005). This will now correctly identify the errors in the log file caused by the bug above, and also allow you the option to continue parsing the rest of the log file, ignoring any lines which are corrupt or invalid.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ok, thanks for the great fast support guys.

I think I will hold out until the next V5.1 build 1005 is ready and give it another go. Any ideas when this will be released?

Excellent product by the way, never had any problems with it before.

Comment

As build 1004 just came out yesterday, it's likely to be a couple of weeks before we release 1005 (unless a relatively critical bug is found). Check our What's New page around then for updates.

Cheers for the positive feedback. We'll keep on trying to improve it!
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
              X