Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change filename of search.php

Hi,

I have two different searches and I've modified search.php in both cases.

In order to reindex and not have the second one wipe out the updates I done to the search.php file, I think I need to call the file something else.

Can I do this?

Thanks,
    Michele J. Jones, PMP

If it makes sense for your site, I would make a sub-directory per search function that you have on your site. I assume your 'different searches' work on different sets of index data.

To prevent overwriting of you custom search.php file use the "custom script source path" function on the advanced tab of the Zoom configuration window. (Zoom will then upload your search.php file and not the default one)

Comment

Just one search on this site.

The "custom script source path" function sounds good. Just to be sure, it doesn't matter what the php filename or directory are as long as the "custom script source path" points to it, right? For example, I could call it search2.php in the "C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 5.0\scripts\PHP or ASP" directory.

By the way, it's great you can do this.

Thanks,
      Michele J. Jones, PMP

Comment

Originally posted by mjones View Post
        The "custom script source path" function sounds good. Just to be sure, it doesn't matter what the php filename or directory are as long as the "custom script source path" points to it, right? For example, I could call it search2.php in the "C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 5.0\scripts\PHP or ASP" directory.
        Actually, no, Zoom still expects the file to be called "search.php". It will only look for it in a different directory. So you could create a copy of the file in "C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 5.0\scripts\MySite1\" for example, and the file should still be named "search.php". And you can have a different modified script for each site, if necessary, by having multiple folders, and each of your ZCFG files pointing to a different script path.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X