Spelling suggestion XP/2003 server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spelling suggestion XP/2003 server

I'm having a quite odd problem: I first installed Zoom on my workstation (XP Pro service pack 2, Swedish OP language) to evaluate the program (which I now have bought) and everything worked fine. Then I decided to move the installation to one of our Windows 2003 servers (english OP language) so that I could schedule the updates, and suddenly the Spelling Suggestion does not show up in the search results. I have copied the configuration file from my workstation to the server, so all the settings are the same on both machines. I have run indexing from both machines and it is crystal clear: After indexing from the workstation the spelling suggestion functions correctly, but after indexing from the server it does not show up at all. The only thing I can think of is that the machines have different Operating system languages. Any ideas?

The display of spelling suggestions depends on a number of factors.

1) You need to have this option turned on from the "search page" tab of the Zoom configuration window.

2) You need to re-index your site after turning the option on.

3) You need to have uploaded all the output files to your server. Especially the files, zoom_spelling.zdat & settings.php (if you are using the PHP option)

4) You need to do a search for a word, that returns less search results than the limit you set in the Zoom configuration window.

5) The search suggestion algorithm needs to be able to find a reasonable suggestion. There are some words that are so badly spelt, that no reasonable suggestion is possible.

The display of spelling suggestions has nothing to do with the language set for the operating system.

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for the quick reply.
      Unfortunately I've already checked the things in the list you put together. Only difference is that I use ASP as script for the site. The funny thing is this:
      When I run indexing and uploading from the Zoom installation on my XP Pro workstation the spelling suggestion works fine. But if I search using the same misspelled word after I have indexed and uploaded from the Zoom installation on my Windows 2003 server it does not work.
      As I said before I have copied the configuration file from my workstation to the server (only changed the output directory on the server configuration) so it should be the same settings on both.
      Is there some easy way to see if the output files from the workstation and server differ from each other?

Comment

Oh, I found out that the Zoom applications installed have different versions:
        On my XP Pro Workstation I have Zoom 5.0 (100 and on the Windows 2003 server I run the Zoom 5.1 (1002).
        Unfortunately I can't get hold of the installation package of the older version since I ran it directly from your site without saving. Otherwise I could try to install the older version on the server to see if it was a bug in the newer version of the Zoom application.
        I have checked the settings.asp file from indexing uploads from both machines and they are identical, except for the Version line.
        So, is it possible to get hold of the installation package of version 5.0 (100 for troubleshooting purposes?

Comment

Sorry for being so nagging...

Did this:
          1) Indexed and uploaded from the XP Pro workstation (running Zoom 5.0.100.

2) Saved the uploaded search.asp file to an offline location.

3) Indexed and uploaded from the Windows 2003 server (running Zoom 5.1.1002). This of course replaces all the previously files from my XP Pro workstation.

4) Replaced the uploaded search.asp file with the previously uploaded file from the offline location. This means I'm running all files uploaded from the 2003 server except for the search.asp file which where generated by the XP workstation.

This configuration works. So it seems like there is some kind of bug in the search.asp file. Or is there anything more I can do to narrow the error?
          Last edited by ivanavi; Jul-24-2007, 10:21 AM. Reason: More presice information

Comment

There was a bug in the 1002 version for spelling. This should have been fix now.

Have a look at http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1913

Comment

WizardFusion is right, and this is likely to be the bug reported previously. We'll try to get build 5.1.1003 out and available as soon as possible. The fix he mentioned in the previous thread will also work.
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Version 5.1.1003 is now available. This build includes the fix for the bug mentioned above.

Download link and more information here:
                http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Wrensoft Rocks!

Downloaded and installed the latest build and it works!
                  Man, I'm impressed by the fast response and solution here! Thumbs up for you all guys and girls at Wrensoft.

Comment

Working...
                  X