Indexing words inside of Rollover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing words inside of Rollover?

Can Zoom index words inside of the tool Tip code such as below?
    This is just javascript rollover text.

<area shape="rect" coords="2,5,258,24" href="menus_all.htm" onMouseOver="Tip('Main Menu Bar Area <br> This area allows the management of the 950 resources funtion.<br>Click now to view the drop down menus.', SHADOW, true, SHADOWCOLOR, '#6B489D', SHADOWWIDTH, 3, PADDING, 10)"target="_self"/>

The words in the JavaScript tool tip only become available when a user moves the mouse over the item in question.

Zoom and other search engines spiders don't 'move the mouse' to trigger these events and then don't execute the JavaScript code.

So, as a general statement, text generated by the execution of JavaScript is not indexed.

Maybe add the same text into the page meta data.

Comment

Ok, I was going to try to put some text in the meta description on one of my pages but since all of my pages are made from a dreamweaver template it says that I will lose it the next time I update my template page. Hmmm.
      Any thoughts on the meta description in a template file?
      I was hoping to have each page with some hot word descriptions or keywords so ZOOM could find them.
      Thoughts?

Comment

This is really a Dreamweaver question, so I can't provide an authoritative answer. There should be no reason why you can't add meta descriptions to a template, but it might defeat the purpose somewhat (that is, having the same meta description for all your pages - you really want unique meta descriptions for each page).

But a quick search online found this, which might be of assistance:
        http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum46/1317.htm
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X