Rank specific pages lower/higher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank specific pages lower/higher

I have a database-driven site with a page called product.php. This page uses its GET/POST arguments to query the database for product information. There are hundreds of products.

Each product is made of smaller things we'll call components. There are several pages that describe many of the common components because they can often be standalone items. If a user is searching for one of those components, he will get hundreds of pages of results: a huge list of products that use that specific component, plus the actual component page buried in the list someplace.

I need to either push the results from product.php lower than everything else, or push the buried component page to the top everything else. I would like to know the best way to accomplish this.

product.php will -always- be called product.php, but the component pages are static and have different filenames. So I'm thinking pushing a single file lower will be easier, but I'm not sure if this is true or how I could do so.
    Last edited by Jordan Bradford; Jul-09-2007, 10:20 PM. Reason: I forgot to set the instant email notification

You can use the ZOOMPAGEBOOST meta tag. Specify an increase boost (eg. "+5") on your static component pages. If this isn't enough, you can then specify a negative boost tag (eg. a ZOOMPAGEBOOST tag with a value of "-5") on your "product.php" page.

See our Users Guide for more information. A good description of other weighting options and the page scoring mechanisms in Zoom can be found here: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_score.html
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X