Search Results order with specific search word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Results order with specific search word

I'm having an issue with a specific search word and the results displayed with this word.

here is the website - http://www.lumination.com/index.php

When I search for the word "powergrid" - the page that actually contains this word shows up #8 in the list. The results before all include the word "power" but NOT "powergrid".

Why is this? Why does it pull out the word "power"? Is there a way to turn this off or not allow this to happen?

I appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

- Brian

Your search function uses a script called, sitesearch.php. This is not our script, so I don't know what your sitesearch.php does. (Our script is search.php)

Is it possible that someone defined a synonym in the Zoom configuration, making, power = powergrid ?

Comment

search.php

We are using the search.php script. The sitesearch.php page is the design/template. The search.php is an include within the sitesearch.php page.

The search.php can be accessed at http://alpha.lumination.com/search/search.php and it shows the same results as sitesearch.php

I do have a synonym for powergrid set-up. Powergrid = power,gird

Comment

Originally posted by 42connect View Post
        I do have a synonym for powergrid set-up. Powergrid = power,gird
        Synonyms work both ways. So with this synonym set up, a search for "powergrid" will yield the exact same results when searching for "power" or "grid" (i presume you typo'ed "gird" there). This explains what you described in the original post, and it is normal and correct behaviour.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X