No Title showing in aspx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Title showing in aspx

I indexed my site using CGI and I am using asp.net 2.0. When I search the site I get "No title" in every page. However, each page has a title with it, at the top of the page, for example:
    <&#37;@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="About.aspx.vb" Inherits="About" title="About Us" %>
    My site is using master pages.
    Why it is not showing the title? I can't add <head> and <title> elements to aspx page because I will get error, which says "content is not supported outside "script" or "asp:content" regions. Is there any way to solve this problem in asp.net pages?
    Thanks

The Zoom indexer spiders the content of your pages. When spidering PHP, ASP, ASPX, or any other pages generated by a server side script, Zoom will never 'see' the source code for the page.

Zoom only indexes the output of the script after it is executed. Regardless of the server side scripting language you have built your site with, the output of your script should be standard HTML (after the script has executed).

So in Internet Explorer, if you right click and then select view source you should see HTML code (not ASPX code). And this code must contain the standard HTML <title> tag if you want Zoom to index a title for the page.

Comment

Here's another thing to check - I don't suppose you're trying to index your ASPX pages with Zoom in Offline Mode are you? This will not work. As mentioned above, you need to use Spider Mode to index the output of your server side scripts (aka dynamically generated pages). Please refer to the Users Guide for more details on the differences between Offline Mode and Spider Mode.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes, I was trying to index my ASPX pages in Offline Mode, that's why titles of pages were not displayed. When I indexed my site using Spider Mode, titles appear correctly. Thanks a lot for this post.

Comment

When I click and select view source I see <title> tags, so that's a good sign.

Comment

Working...
          X