Results per page:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results per page:

Hi I have been trying to remove the results per page display on my search page.When I edit the code in my index.php file the the search page goes blank.
    Then I put the code back then the page works again.I have tried just about every combination of removing the code same thing happens every time.
    I feel like I am going around and round.
    Please for some help.
    More to come on changes come take a look

http://kingshomeworld.com/searchworld/

You can have a simple search form (with no "Results per page" dropdown, or "match any or all search words" radio buttons) by simply changing the setting from "Advanced" to "Basic" on the "Search Page" tab of the Configuration window.

You could also use CSS to hide the results per page dropdown (with a "display: none;" attribute) or create your own search form. See this FAQ for more information:
    Q. How do I modify the appearance of the search form?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you that worked.I will try out basic for a wile.I use vs express for the website design

Wile I am at the forum. I have some start points in the incremental indexing that I would like to clean out.As I have to keep deleting some URL,s from the indexing every time I index and they keep coming back every time I index again.
      and some bad start points that the sites are not listing logging no longer there and and wrong base url.
      How mite I clean the incremental indexing
      Last edited by Bruce; Jul-04-2007, 07:39 AM.

Comment

A URL removed from the index using the Incremental Indexing features will not be maintained on subsequent re-indexings.

If there are pages that you wish to permenantly exclude from your index, you should add them to the "Page and folder skip list" on the "Skip Options" tab of the Configuration window.

Incremental indexing is recommended for more advanced users, for very specific scenarios where it can be helpful. Please read the "Incremental Indexing" chapter in the Users Guide for more details on when it should be used, and when it should NOT be used. For small websites (of less than 1000 pages), we would recommend re-indexing the entire site instead.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

thank you I will try the skip.
          As for the zoom search engine it is be used for an internet search engine
          and not website search.
          Try it out and you will see enter some searches there is about 60 sites listed so far.I have download the zoom pdf book

http://kingshomeworld.com/searchworld/

I have the professional key is it the same software as the free addition?
          Is just entering the activation code makes it the professional?
          Last edited by Bruce; Jul-04-2007, 08:34 PM. Reason: add content

Comment

We can't get to your website, there seems to be DNS issues with it at the moment.

And yes, you only need to enter the license key for the Professional Edition. There is no additional download (unless you wish to install plugins).
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I will restart my system and my and restart the the net and modem.
              and find a public terminal and test it out its working fine on this end

Comment

Working...
              X