Search too vague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search too vague

I just updated the zcfg ... and zdat files and I must be doing something wrong ... the search is so vague it picks up the words in the navigation, etc.

What do I need to go to make the search more pertinent?
    http://www.huntington-woods.lib.mi.us Location

Thanks!

If navigation is being picked up, then you should exclude your navigation from indexing.

Your site appears to be down at the moment, or maybe a private Intranet, in any case I can't view it and so can't offer specific suggestions.

However here is some information about how the page ranking system works plus tips for getting relevant results at the top of the search results.

Comment

http://www.huntington-woods.lib.mi.us

If you would, please try again, I would appreciate additional suggestions.
      I just checked, the site is up.

Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

Your site is still down (or a private intranet). Here is the result of a ping.

C:\ping www.huntington-woods.lib.mi.us
        Pinging huntington-woods.lib.mi.us [207.75.162.231] with 32 bytes of data:
        Request timed out.
        Request timed out.

Comment

Seems like the site is back up now. I took a quick look, but the main problem seems to be the initial one answered above: you need to exclude your navigation menus and headers/footers from indexing.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks so much

I added <!--ZOOMSTOP--> <!--ZOOMRESTART--> tags and search results are much more manageable

Thanks so much for troubleshooting even when you couldln't see the site ... and thanks Ray, for visiting the site and confirming that was my problem.

Your help is very much appreciated.

LinK

Comment

Working...
            X