Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make skip list case-sensitive?

Hello,

is it possibile to make the words in the skip list case-sensitive? E.g. the word "can" should be skipped, but not the abbrevation "CAN"?

Thanks for a short answer

Jens

Thanks for a short answer
    I'll do my best,

No.

Comment

Why do you want to skip either can or CAN?

Comment

Well, I want to index a website which contains informations about "CAN", which stands for "Controller Area Network". Therefore it would be helpfull if only the appearances of the abbreviation "CAN" are indexed and the verb "can" will be skipped.

Comment

Just an idea, but can you not add Synonym.??

Comment

Most, if not all, full-text search engines are case insensitive, so this is a somewhat unusual requirement. While you can force Zoom to be entirely case sensitive however, by enabling the "Support single case languages" option (on the "Languages" tab of the Configuration window), I don't think this option will give you very usable searching for other words (it was designed mainly for use with Asian languages where there are no upper and lower case differences).

Synonyms are also case insensitive so that may not help.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

If you can identify a few specific pages that contain CAN, you could configure them to appear under Recommended Links. Just a thought...

Good luck,
              Leon

Comment

Hi,

thanks for your suggestions. I've tried serveral different options. It seems to me, that I get the best results, when I remove the word "can" form the skip list.

Jens

Comment

Working...
                X