ZOOMSTOP not working...still indexing content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOMSTOP not working...still indexing content

I'm using the tags shown in the link provided to block indexing from certain sections of my site, but it's still indexing it. I use quite a few SSIs in my site, with navigation and others with repeating info being placed on every page of the site. I don't want ANY SSI to be indexed...only the unique content for each page. I've place the "<!--ZOOMRESTOP--><!--ZOOMRESTART-->" tags around the entire <div> on each include file, but it still indexes the info.

Search for "Corporate Governance"

Results:
    --------------------------------
    1. Baby Club : Overview
    ... Habitat for Humanity Wellness Natural and Organic Food Safety Nutrition Recipebox Reward Card Benefits FAQs Join now...it's FREE! Promotions Current Baby Club UPromise Services Floral Gift Cards Gift Ideas Special Services Investor Relations News and Press Releases Corporate Governance Investor Information Order Online Refill Prescriptions Party Platters FTD Wear Our Gear! Apricot Chicken Preheat oven to 375. Mix preserves, vinegar and sugar together. Place chicken in baking dish and top with preserve mixture. ...
    URL: http://ewwwhdq02/Baby_Club/
    -----------------------------------

"Corporate Governance" is only on the resulting page as a link - which is on ALL pages of the site.

Thanks
    Bryan

It's <--ZOOMSTOP--> not <--ZOOMRESTOP-->.

Is the typo in your posting only, or is it in all your files?

Good luck,
    Leon

Comment

Regardless of the typo, I have the same problem. Am using 5.1 & just indexed my pages. Content between <!--ZOOMSTOP--> and <!--ZOOMRESTART--> is being indexed. This is a pain because I, like many, use a global template with consistent navigation links.

Comment

Originally posted by dps1 View Post
        Regardless of the typo, I have the same problem. Am using 5.1 & just indexed my pages. Content between <!--ZOOMSTOP--> and <!--ZOOMRESTART--> is being indexed. This is a pain because I, like many, use a global template with consistent navigation links.
        I'm having the exact same problem...

Comment

We'll check it out. Maybe we broke something accidentally. If it is a bug, we'll fix it Monday (18/June/07)

Comment

Me Too

Just realzed that, when I updated a site and reindexed with the latest Zoom version, the Zoomstop and Zoomrestart entries were ignored. They worked with earlier versions. Please fix asap.
            whk

Comment

We have confirmed that this was a bug in Version 5.1.1000 released last friday.

This has now been fixed, please download the latest build (V5.1.1001) from here:
              http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any further problems or questions.

By the way, if anyone continue to have this problem, the first thing to usually check is whether you have "Reload all files" disabled on the "General" tab of the Configuration window. This could mean that you are indexing from a cached copy of the page, which was prior to you adding the ZOOMSTOP tags into place. Checking this option will ensure that the latest version of your webpage is indexed.
              Last edited by Ray; Jun-18-2007, 04:44 AM.
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Sorry it was a typo...I used <--ZOOMSTOP-->. Downloading the fix now. Thanks for the quick update

Comment

Working...
                X