Zoom Search and Robohelp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom Search and Robohelp

I am curious to know if anyone has any good success stories (or challenges?) with integrating Zoom Search into Robohelp.

I have everything working great with the ASP output. The only thing not working is when someone opens a topic, the coresponding contents/TOC link on the left side does NOT open. This feature only seems to work in the Java ouput. Any guesses on how to get this to work? Its the only thing stopping my project from going ahead!!

-john

If you do a search in the forums for "robohelp", you will find several threads about integrating Zoom with RoboHelp. We personally have not had experience with this so we can not really comment on what difficulties you may or may not have.

One of our users have also published a nice looking tutorial on using Zoom with RoboHelp here:
    http://www.grainge.org/pages/authori...zoomsearch.htm
    Last edited by Ray; Jun-04-2007, 12:09 AM.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

We've just now implemented Zoom search solution (JavaScript) for a merged Webhelp project (42 child projects, ~2600 topics, mucho graphics). Our customers install the help on the same server as our middle-tier application, from the same CD.

Our topics continue to be synched with the TOC, similarly to the pre-Zoom functionality. (Maybe something to do with the ASP solution?)

We needed to use the ZOOMSTOP/ZOOMRESTART to avoid the following in the Results description block:
      • H1 topic heading (which only repeats the TITLE tag)
      • Popup link garbage
      • Image map garbage
      • "In This Topic" and "Related Topics" text in a top right navigation block

However, RoboHelp ignores those Zoom tags (and doesn't carry them over into the ouptut). Also, inserting those tags into the output means that they would have to be re-inserted whenever you generate new output.

Therefore, I'm indexing against a copy of the source files and generating the Zoom files to the WebHelp output directory. Works like a charm!

In addition, our 42-project TOC was already grouped into Category "books" (SERVERS, UTILITIES, ADMINISTRATION, etc.), so I mirrored those groupings with the Zoom Category feature.

Good luck,
      Leon

Comment

Working...
      X