Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provide Spelling Suggestions

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to test the "provide Spelling Suggestions" option but I canīt choose this feature. What other option do I have to activate to use this function?

Thanks

Sebastian

I presume you are using the Javascript version. This option is not available in JS, see here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/features.html

And if you are wondering why, or if you are not completely familiar with Javascript as a scripting platform, see this FAQ:
    Q. What is Javascript?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I'm experiencing an issue with this feature for the ASP output. I set the option to return spelling suggestions with less than 2 results returned - however, I'm getting no results and still not getting any spelling suggestions. Any common causes for this issue?

Comment

First thing to check is to make sure you have re-indexed and re-uploaded your search files after enabling this feature.

Second, note that it is possible that a misspelt word can not be easily identified as what it is intended to be. This can depend on the the word in question, and the nature of the misspelling. Remember also that Zoom's dictionary is entirely dependant on the words it found on your website during indexing. If for example, your website does not ever contain mention of the word "cappuccino", then it is likely that it would not identify the word "cappochino" as a misspelling or be able to give you a spelling suggestion. Try to test some simple misspellings of words that you are sure to be on your page and see if you get a suggestion. For example, on our website, a simple misspelling would be "zooom" (with too many o's).

If your website is online, we can take a quick look if you give us a URL to your search page.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X