Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search.cgi not keeping permissions

Hi,

I'm using cgi on linux and having zoom upload the files when they are finished. I also have the "set execute permissions after upload" checked in the options. When I run the search and upload the files, the search.cgi has no permissions showing on the server. I have uploaded the search.cgi manually with WS_FTP and the permissions are kept at 755 for that file. How can I get this to work with your program?

We cannot reproduce this behaviour in our testing on Linux servers.

First thing I should ask you is how you are checking the file permissions on your server. Are you simply doing this from WS_FTP? Note that many Windows FTP clients do not reliably report the correct permissions (sometimes they only return the cached permissions and are unaware of other changes on the server made by other programs). To be sure, I would recommend checking from a Linux shell login (using the "ls -l" command) or just simply checking whether the CGI is actually executing by accessing via the browser.

Second thing I should point out is that once you have set the permission correctly (manually or otherwise), the file should retain its permissions on all subsequent uploads which overwrite the same file. This is default behaviour on most FTP servers. You might want to see if after setting the correct permissions manually, and then you use Zoom to upload the files with the built-in permission setting disabled. See if this allows the file to retain its permission (as it should in most cases). It's really only necessary to set it once, unless your FTP server has some special configuration to reset all file permissions on every upload.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

For some reason, the uploaded files are now keeping the permissions set the same. I have the program automatically upload files upon completion of the search. I am still getting a Internal Server Error, however and I've checked the list of possible problems at your help page. I have also sent that information to my host to see if they can find any specifics with the server setup.

Comment

I presume you have seen this page:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_cgi.html

There is a comprehensive list of things to check there. Most hosting companies are reluctant to look into any problems unless you can isolate the cause. But let's hope yours will be helpful. Good luck.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X