Customizing Zoom for Search Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizing Zoom for Search Portal

The description of this product says that it will index the pages of my website. I have a DB already in place that has all the indexes and keywords for a search (keeps reviews of particular websites I have indexed), but my search algorithms are trashy at best. I will display the results in a formatted web page, but all too often I find results from a search string not always relevant, so I need to seek alternatives.

I want to use this product as my search engine, so I won't need to fuss with the particulars of the searching and weight algorithms, but obtain the keywords and indexes using the spider function in Zoom using the websites that are already indexed in my DB. Does anybody have a suggestion on how I should proceed? I am a PHP/MySQL shop, operating in a LINUX environment. Can this be done in my situation?

Help is very much appreciated.
    Tom

Zoom creates its own index data when you run the Indexer application to scan/crawl your website. Zoom uses its own index data format which is necessary in order to provide search functionality such as exact phrase matching and optimized search performance.

You should take a look at this FAQ which explains how you can configure Zoom to index any website which has a database backend:
    Q. How can I use Zoom to index my site stored in a database (eg. SQL, Access, etc.)?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X