Recommended Links Nightly Spider Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Links Nightly Spider Mode

I have my "Recommended Links" all setup exactly the way I want them. Now, I have Zoom setup to index my site nightly and it that seems to be working. But for some reason if I make a change to the Recommended Links configuration, the nightly index does not pickup my changes. So if I make a change to the Recommended Links settings and wait until morning to test the results, I still get the old Recommended Link, not the new Recommended Link.

The only way Zoom displays the new Recommended Link is by manually running the indexer.

Am I missing something?

The manual and scheduled indexing works in the same way. So they both should pick up any changes made to the recommended links. My guess would be that you have several configuration files and you are updating the wrong configuration file. Maybe the scheduled job is using file xxxx.zcfg and your manual job is using file yyyyy.zcfg?

Comment

But I only have one .zcfg file in my entire Zoom folder. Is there something else I can look at?

Comment

.zcfg (Zoom configuration files) can be saved anywhere. They don't need to be in the Zoom folder.

Or maybe the scheduled indexing doesn't actually occur, or maybe it starts but immediately fails with some type of error, which would explain why there is no updates. Can you set the scheduled job time to a time when you can watch what it does (i.e. during the day).

Comment

I would also recommend enabling the log file for your scheduled ZCFG file (on the "Index Log" tab of the Configuration window). This would write out a log file that records what happened during the scheduled index job and allow you to see if an error occurred.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
            .zcfg (Zoom configuration files) can be saved anywhere. They don't need to be in the Zoom folder.

Or maybe the scheduled indexing doesn't actually occur, or maybe it starts but immediately fails with some type of error, which would explain why there is no updates. Can you set the scheduled job time to a time when you can watch what it does (i.e. during the day).
            You are right, the scheduled events are not running. In fact, even when I attempt to create a New Event to run in 5 minutes, the scheduler does not even kick in. Any idea why the scheduler is not kicking in?

Comment

You can view the statuses of your scheduled tasks from the "Start menu"->"Control Panel"->"Scheduled Tasks" if you believe that Zoom is not even being started. You can also manually force the scheduled task to run from here (by right clicking on the task and selecting "Run). Possible reasons why it is not starting include security policies, incorrect username/password settings, etc.

If Zoom does run, then you should check the Index Log created by Zoom (see my previous post) for possible errors reported by Zoom.
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
              X