Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from 5.0 to Version 5.0.1007

Hi,

What is the procedure to upgrade from the original Version 5.0.0 to Version 5.0.1007? I have the Professional edition. Can I just download the "free" file in order to upgrade?

Also, the installer warns that it overwrites the lang and script files. Do I need to back them up and then replace them after an upgrade?

Thanks.

I have simply run the installation program. It will ask you, if want to keep zoom.zcfg config file (if you install to the folder containing previous version). My language file (polish) was preserved as well as search_template.html.

Of course, as usuall in such case, before installation I made backup of folder with previous installation. Just in case

Darek

Comment

I assumed that might be the case but I was surprised there weren't any instructions on the website to confirm this -- at least I couldn't find any -- just the caveat on launching the installer that warns about backing up certain files because they will be overwritten.

Is the ZOOM 5 download the same no matter what version you have?

Perhaps the license key unlocks the different feature sets.

Thanks for replying.

Comment

Yes, there is only a single download. It is the license key that changes the functionality between the free, Std, Pro & Enterprise editions.

To upgrade from V5.x to V5.y you can just download and install the new package. The warning you saw would have been regarding the default Zoom configuration file. You can decide to replace this file or not.

Comment

Unable to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.0.1008

I have recently (within the last week) installed the free zoomsearch and have experienced the problem with asp when I choose not to display the date: I receive only the first result.
          I read that the fix was to install 1001.
          My current version was only 1000 although I had recently downloaded it.
          I have subsequently followed the upgrade path to receive 1008. However, no matter what I do my version remains 1000 and my date problem persists.
          Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
          I have removed the extension from within Dreamweaver and reinstalled (closing Dreamweaver each time.
          Thank you in anticipation

Comment

The reason is that the current public release of the Dreamweaver Extension is actually still V5.0 build 1000 (please note the last update date and version number of the Zoom DW Extension page). The Dreamweaver Extension typically lags behind the stand-alone version by several builds, but we must admit that an update has been well overdue.

We will put out a new DW Extension release (with V5.0 build 1008) as soon as possible.

A side note, is that it is actually possible to update your DW Extension install of Zoom with the stand-alone installer package (which is always up to date). To do this, you would simply point the installer (when prompted for an installation directory) to the location of the DW Extension as installed by the Extension Manager. This is usually something like:
            C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration\Zoom Search Engine

Only attempt this if you are familiar with directory structures, and hidden folders (as the "Application Data" folder is hidden). Otherwise, just wait for the latest DW Extension release to perform the update within Extension Manager.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

The Dreamweaver Extension has now been updated to V5.0 build 1008 and you can download it here:
              http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/dreamweaver.html
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank You

Raymond,

thank you very much for a your quick and effective response.

The search works fine now.

Comment

Working...
                X