Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoom_pageinfo.zdat file is invalid

I'm getting the following error message:

Zoom config error: The zoom_pageinfo.zdat file is invalid or not up-to-date. Please make sure you have uploaded all files from the same indexing session.

However I am manually uploading (all) the files after indexing.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?

As you are uploading the files manually, instead of letting Zoom do it, you risk either missing a file or uploading in the wrong FTP mode.

You need to upload in FTP binary mode, not ASCII mode.

If you still have a problem can you list the files you are uploading.

Comment

I have just upgraded to V6 (professional) using Vista and this error message is now appearing - previously all was well and I have not changed settings of the files. I use Zoom's FTP upload process. If I do not manually upload the file (zoom_pageinfo.zdat) the load process fails at xx pages of results

Comment

If the search page is online, it would be of help if you can provide us with the URL so we can take a look directly.

Your description is somewhat contradicting. You seem to be saying:

- If you allow Zoom to upload the files, you see the "pageinfo.zdat file is invalid" error.
        - But if you "do not manually upload the file" (which means you are using Zoom to upload the file?) then the search stops at "xx pages of results".

Can I presume that the second scenario was supposed to be "if I manually upload the file" rather than "if I do not"? If so, what program are you using to manually upload your files?

Is it possible that you accessed the search page before Zoom had finished uploading the files?

Or perhaps you have specified an incorrect path in Zoom and it is uploading the files to the wrong location? Thus, it is not reflecting what's going on. And you had mixed files by manually uploading them.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by myob9a View Post
          I have just upgraded to V6 (professional) using Vista and this error message is now appearing - previously all was well and I have not changed settings of the files. I use Zoom's FTP upload process. If I do not manually upload the file (zoom_pageinfo.zdat) the load process fails at xx pages of results
          An update. In manually reloading the file I also note that the Title of Page is not been included in the results - it is not included in the results source code - nor is the URL link to each search result.

Comment

Fixed, but.....

Ray
            I am not sure what has happened here, but I in looking at the new V6 config setup I noted I had not excluded a number of folders that I normally do. I re-indexed on the revised config setup and all appears to be fine.

Regarding your question, I was correct in the explanation - the FTP uploaded files produced the halt at the xx pages during a search and the subsequent manually upload gave me some of the data but with the error message, no title, no url links and wrong file dates.

Case closed, but I am none the wiser!

Comment

I honestly believe you were uploading the files to the wrong folder path. And you had a mix of files from V5 and V6, leading to corrupted index data and the unusual behaviour regarding the titles/links and file dates. You might have inadvertedly corrected this when you repeated the process.
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
              X