Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminating spelling suggestions for noise words

Hi,

Thanks for helping me with the spelling suggestions in cgi output. I now have that working. Just one issue though - for some reason it's offering me spelling suggestions for noise words in the search query. Is it possible to stop this happening?

For example, if I search for the term restaurants in south london it offers me a suggestion of restaurants ian south london which is wrong as "in" is in the word skip list

Thanks again,

Paul

This might be a bug, as it something we didn't give much thought to. We'll see if it can be fixed up.

But one quick solution might be to remove the words from the skip list, then it should stop offering silly suggestions.

Comment

We've confirmed that this is a bug in the current release. Skip words are not being omitted from the spelling suggestion (for the CGI version only). This will be fixed in an upcoming build release.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Many thanks Ray. Don't suppose you've got any timescales for the next release have you?

Comment

Version 5.0 Build 1008 is currently planned to be released sometime this week (or next week at the latest).
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X