Google Type Results Web Sites Indexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Type Results Web Sites Indexing

Whats the best config to index websites and gives results based on websites like a google search engine type? Im talking about the weight and other things.

Should i give more weight to Titles for example? Is there a way to give weight to the domain names? www.domain.com because i see filename but not domain.

I asks this because im not getting good results at all.

I tested it just with some file and all the weigthing at normal. But for example a domain called La Voz with the Title name La Voz just to give an example doesnt give as first result that website but tons of others with the keywords. Basically its not finding the website you search, and the results also based on keywords give results that are not appropiate for the keywords.

It is impossible to match the ranking order of Google (except by accident) becuase Google places so much importance on incoming links to rank pages.

To use incoming links for ranking you need to have indexed maybe 50M+ pages from the internet in order to get a big enough sample of the entire internet. There are also other factors that Google uses (like the age of the site) to determine rankings.

But with Zoom you can usually manually adjust the weightings and pages to get the result you want.

If you can give a specific example with a,
    1) search word
    2) a link to the particaular set of results
    3) details about exactly what you think is wrong in that set of results
    then we can offer some advice on how to adjust the rankings.

Comment

I think Google indexes more then 50 M pages.

Of course I dont mean play or match google or index the whole internet. Just certain websites. Lets say 5.000 websites, max 10.000 websites or url. Its not the whole internet. I tested the free version of course that could be because there arent enough results. Maybe i should put more weight on the Title.
      I also think a good feature for the next update would be to be able to seach the domain or url itself or give it weight, that i think would change things allot, since i think search engines give a domain or url tons of value.

About the pagerank, just i know Google uses it, but actually it would not be hard to create a internal page rank of content or sites indexed by Zoom, it already creates sitemaps. The idea is the same. I will make some more testing, i suppose 50 pages indexed only is maybe the problem, maybe with the some more data on the full version it will work better.

Comment

Yes, when you're only indexing 50 pages, you would not have quite a wide range of page scores to really compare your results relative to something like Google.

We really can't say for sure what weighting / adjustments would help your indexing more without seeing the example sites/pages you're testing with though. There's alot of adjustment options within Zoom. You might want to take a look at this support page describing the scoring system:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_score.html
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
          Yes, when you're only indexing 50 pages, you would not have quite a wide range of page scores to really compare your results relative to something like Google.

We really can't say for sure what weighting / adjustments would help your indexing more without seeing the example sites/pages you're testing with though. There's alot of adjustment options within Zoom. You might want to take a look at this support page describing the scoring system:
          http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_score.html
          Great, that score explanation will clarify things for me.

Comment

Working...
          X