Highlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlight

I found an earlier post that answered my question ...

You need to turn on highlighting from the "Results layout" tab in the Zoom configuration window. On the same tab are settings to control what fields appear in the search results.

I defined 'highlight' in my wrensoft.css and in the CSS rule definition for .highlight I selected a Background color but it doesn't show in my search results. Should it be highlighting the search word(s)?
    Last edited by link; Mar-22-2007, 01:20 AM.

There are two different highlighting options in Zoom. One option highlights "Words matched in search results", and the other is "Jump to match and highlight within documents". Which option are you referring to?

The former option should highlight the matched words (if it appears) in the search result listing. But only if the word actually appears in the description for that page. For example, if you have "Context description" disabled (eg. if you are using the Javascript platform), then it is possible that a search result description does not show the word found.

Can you give us a URL to your search page? This would allow us to tell you what the problem is much quicker than having to guess.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X