Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search result - sort order

Hi'

Is it possible to sort the files in the search result in the reverse order? Istead of showing MJ001.jpg, MJ002.jpg, MJ003.jpg... etc., I want the result to be MJ003.jpg, MJ002.jpg, MJ001.jpg.

Thank you very much!

Mads

Files are not sorted in alphabetical order. Nor are they sorted in reverse alphabetical order. The default sort is by relevancy, but there is also an option for a date sort.

In the case where documents are equally relevant, the sort order is semi random as it depends on the order the documents were found in.

Comment

Sort by date

Thank you for your answer.

To bad about the 'sort by filename'. It's a image gallery and the enduser would have seen the newest images first.

Second best, I have enabled 'sort by date' (the Search page-tab) and added <input type="hidden" name="zoom_sort" value="1"> to the search form.

I have also tried to delete all extra options/text by leaving the "sort by date / sort by relevance" empty (one space character) in the zlang-file.

But the sign "/" is still shown. Can this be removed?

Mads

Comment

Instead of modifying the ZLANG file, you should be using CSS to remove certain elements from the search page.

If you change the .sorting CSS class in your "search_template.html" file to the following:

Code:
        .sorting { display: none; }
        Then the entire "Sort by relevance / Sort by date" line would disappear, including the slash.

For more information on modifying your search page using CSS, see this FAQ:
        Q. How do I customize the appearance of my search results with CSS?
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X