X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return Results on Same Page

My search page at http://www.slutsk.org/index.php?opti...d=45&Itemid=60

works.

I would like the results of the search either to be diplayed on the same page or below the search engine.

My code for the page is
    <form method="get" action="http://www.slutsk.org/zoom slutsk/search.php" >
    <input name="zoom_query" size="20" type="text" />
    <input value="Search" type="submit" />
    <small> Results per page:
    <select name="zoom_per_page">
    <option selected="selected">
    10</option>
    <option>
    20</option>
    <option>
    100</option>
    </select><br />
    <br />
    Match:
    <input name="zoom_and" value="0" checked="checked" type="radio" />any search words
    <input name="zoom_and" value="1" type="radio" />all search words</small>
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    carltonb
    Carlton Brooks
    Mesa, Arizona

It appears to me that you are using some PHP CMS (Content Management System) type script for your site, with an "index.php" file that actually serves up all the different pages of your site based on the parameters.

If you are an experienced PHP programmer (eg. if you coded the CMS script yourself), then you may be able to integrate the "search.php" script we provide into your CMS. But we wouldn't recommend this unless you are very familiar with the CMS script and you are prepared to spend some hours debugging potential conflicts.

The much easier (and more recommended) approach would be to use a separate page as your search page (as opposed to a page within your CMS). You can then either modify the "search_template.html" page to match the look of your site (with the same navigation menu HTML etc.) or, if you wish to use PHP code to dynamically include headers/footers, you should look at the method described in this FAQ:
    Q. How can I add server-side scripting (eg. PHP, ASP) to the search template?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X