cgi problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cgi problem

I had recently updated from Version 4.2 (build 1013) to version 5.0 (build1004).

The cgi file made by version 5.0 will not work and shows "The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.". When the 4.2 version is used it runs just fine. Bad cgi configuration doesn't make sense if 4.2 runs fine.

The application is running on win2003/IIS6 machine. I also tested it with local-host on a winxp/IIS5 machine and version 5.0 ran just fine. The only change ,other operating systems, is the win2003 machine uses a domain.

It just doesn't make since why it won't work on the win2003 machine...

We have not had problems with the V5 CGI executing on Windows 2003 with IIS 6.0. We have tested the latest build to work fine.

Some things to check:

- You should not be using the V5 CGI with the V4.2 index files. The V5 CGI will only work with index files created by the V5 indexer. I presume you are not doing this since it works on the IIS 5 server you tested, but it might be worth checking if you are using the same set of files on both servers.

- Did you place the V4.2 files in the same directory as the V5.0 files when you were hosting them on the IIS 6 server? If you had placed them in different directories, it is possible that the IIS configuration differs for these folders.

- Make sure you go through the steps in enabling the CGI config for IIS as described here (especially the bits related to IIS 6):
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...i.html#cgi4iis
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes V5 index files are being used with the V5 cgi.

Yes I did put it into a different directory to start. I checked the configuration they are both the same. I overwrote the same directory that is used for V4 just to make sure and still got the same result.

I double checked the configuration. The only variation from the instructions listed was using virtual directories to have custom applications mappings that don't have the .cgi extension mapped to ActivePerl. Which shouldn't cause problems still checked using .exe instead of .cgi and still got the same result. If it was improper IIS configuration with cgi why would v4 work with cgi?

Comment

I can't think of any other reasons why the CGI would fail on IIS 6 from the information you have given us.

If you like, and if it is possible, perhaps you could give us temporary access to your web server via FTP and we can take a closer look at the problem (assuming your web server is accessible over the Internet). You can e-mail us your details.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

We were given FTP access to the server and were able to determine the cause of this problem.

The files appeared to have been uploaded in "Text/ASCII Mode" using a third party FTP client. All files created by Zoom need to be uploaded in "Binary Mode". If you use Zoom to upload your files, this will be guaranteed, as Zoom only upload files in binary mode.

The user most likely uploaded the files correctly on one server, and not on the other.

This and other common setup problems with CGI are listed and described here:
          http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_cgi.html
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X